Wednesday 17 April 2013

Character Profile- Mark

The play that my character is from is called "New Boy".
New Boy is play by William Sutcliffe and was first published in 1996 and first performed in 2000 at Edinburgh pleasance theatre. The play is set in 1986 and is about a boy called Barry has recently joined sixth form at the north London school and my character Mark takes him under his wing to tell him about his school.

Mark is 16 years old is the typical lad of school, this means that he is quite relaxed and considers himself 'quite a man'. He is intelligent and works hard at school with good outcomes. Instead of being in the middle of gossip and arguments, he tends to sit back and observe what is going on and find out all the gossip on his own. Amongst his peers he is seen as a nice guy who is friendly and interacts with everyone who he comes across.

Following this information, it has helped me make decisions on what I am going to portray him as, Instead of putting on an exaggerated persona like Oggy, I am going to play my role as casual and realistic as he would be. This means that I will walk normally and speak the way a normal teenage boy would speak.

Following a rehearsal looking at animal characteristics and how they could link to our character, a animal which I thought related best  was a snake, this is because they both tend to keep to themselves but are also very smart at what they are doing and where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment