Wednesday 17 April 2013

Character Profile- Oggy Moxon

The play that this character is from is "Teechers"

Teechers was originally written in 1984 and was then published in 1985. The story of the play follows three main character, Salty, Hobby and Gail. However Oggy is a character within the book who is represented as "the cock of Whitehall" and is the school bully.

Oggy Moxon is a teenager around 16-17 years old however is quoted to "look older than he actually is". This is one of his traits that he used to boss people about, the way he does this is by threatening whoever he is picking on not only by himself by also by his older brother Nobby (who has a reputation of being 'harder' than Oggy). Oggy is also a threatening figure to the teachers, not many teachers dare challenge Oggy or try to tell him off due to the fear he can bring on people. This is just the male teachers, with female teachers, he feels that he is a 'Ladies Man' and they all flutter when they see him and they all fancy him, this is the same for all females at the school and he tends to walk around with this arrogance about him even though he doesn't hang around with many people.

With this information in mind I have to adapt this to my own representation of Oggy, when I am walking around I am going to walk with a purpose. That means I am going to have heavy feet and walk at a fast pace to show that I am a dominant figure. With my vocal representation, I am going to add the stereotypical hard man tone where I put emphasis in my words normally on the last word of my sentence.

 Whilst doing a rehearsal we look at animal characteristics and how they could relate to my character, the animal I felt related to Oggy was a Silverback Gorilla, this is because they both feel they are top dog in their environment and are not scared to face a challenge from anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment