Wednesday 15 May 2013

3 Versions

In one of our rehearsals, our main aim was getting to know our monologues more and being able to change the way we perform them. This is why after half an hour of focusing on our lines, we were given a task to perform our monologue 3 times but change the way we did it each time.

First Run
The first time we performed our monologues, we performed them in the original style that we have been rehearsing in. This was effective for me because it made sure I had clear understanding of my monologue and knew the parts I wanted to emphasise.

Second Run
The second time we performed our monologues, we performed them in a Melodramatic style. This was essential for us to do because in our audition we will be asked to perform in a different style and this could be one of them. When performing in a melodramatic way, it really helped me see what the key words were in each sentence and what parts are important. I found this challenging to break my comfort zone and go beyond my normal style however once I finished it gave me experience to a new style I could work on.

Final Run
The final run through of our monologue was done without vocals. The purpose of doing our monologue without vocals is so that we have clear knowledge of what our body is doing and to give us the chance to think about my actions instead of just doing gestures randomly.

No comments:

Post a Comment