Saturday 4 May 2013

Improvisation Practice

Because we knew that in our audition we would need to spontaneously improvise with another actor. This scene can be from the play or a completely new scenario which the examiner would give. Therefore in one of our lessons, we decided to split into pairs and start to act out a scene that could possibly come up in the audition. For my improvisation I decided to focus on Oggy Moxon and place my partner as a teacher trying to make me stop smoking. As she came over, I ignore her, however as she continued to hassle me, I turned and walked close up to her face, I made straight eye contact and held this whilst still smoking, as she talked I threatened her by saying " i think you better leave love before you get hurt" then I continued this arrogant persona my blowing the cigarette smoke in her face etc. The scene ended with me leaving whilst throwing the cigarette at her feet.
I felt that this was an effective exercise to do because it helped me explore Oggy beyond the script and let me adapt to how he would act in everyday scenarios rather than a written scene. I also felt it was effective because it got me into that mindset of being this obnoxious character that has no fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment